Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse administrators responsible for managing Q-Pulse.
IT access will be required to implement this update.
This articles contains information on:
- Logging Into the New Web Client
- New Web Client Functionality
- Document Module Features Available
- Features Currently in Development
The new web client must be installed on your Q-Pulse application server so that it can be used. Once this has been done, it can be accessed via a URL that is unique to your environment.
After you have logged in, you will notice the brand-new design for the web client. This design adopts a “Groove” User Interface which allows users to navigate their way through a more fluid and web-friendly design, allowing increased functionality to Document Management via the web.
The legacy Q-Pulse Web Interface will only operate on Internet Explorer, however, this new web client is supported on both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (version 10 and higher). Additional browsers may be supported in the future. For more details on the web client browser support, please visit Q-Pulse 6.5 Browser Support.
While creating and revising documents, it is now possible to drag and drop and attachment into the document record to commence the upload.
Simply drag your document into the drag and drop section to commence the upload. Once the upload has been completed you will be notified.
This feature was introduced based on an idea raised on the Ideagen Customer Portal.
Upload Panel for Uninterrupted Uploads
The new web client also includes an upload panel. This panel can be shown by clicking the "Show Panel" button at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Document Module Features?
The new web-based document module current allows you to:
- Create New Draft Documents
- Create New Active Documents
- Manage Approval Cycles / Revise Documents
- Access Revision History
- Distribute Documents
- Perform Reviews
- Access Review History
- Create and Manage Document Approvals Templates
- Create and Manage Document Copyholder Templates
- Create and Manage Change Requests
- Access Inactive and Obsolete registers
- Access Document Properties
The following features are currently in development for future updates and are not available in the Q-Pulse 6.5 release of the new Windows client:
- Advanced Searches
- My Folders
- My Saved Searches
- Recently Viewed
- Electronic Signatures
- Report Designer – Note that reports that you have designed in the Windows Client are still available to print from the Web Client.
- PDF Conversion through the Revise and Activate Function
- Quick Add
- MS Office Tags
- Documents stored on a network path.
- Column chooser on Registers
- Group By functionality on the Registers