Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse Admins looking to configure CA/PA wizards.
CA/PA module administration access is required.
The CA/PA module offers an easy way to submit reports, incidents and non-conformances into Q-Pulse for investigation. Two of the key configuration items are wizards and templates.
This article is split into 4 sections:
- Differences Between Wizards and Templates
- How to Set-up a New Wizard
- Setting Mandatory Fields / Default Values
- Further Reading
1. Differences Between Wizards and Templates
- Allows control over which fields can be populated.
- Ability to make fields mandatory and assign default values.
- Ensures all essential data is captured.
- Guides users through creating a CA/PA record.
- Allows any field to be populated.
- Allows you to see all stages and actions involved with the non-conformance record.
- The stages shown are dependent on the source selected.
2. How to Set-up a New Wizard
To set-up a new wizard:
- Open the CA/PA module and click Edit then CA/PA Wizards...
- Select File then New and then Wizard. The CA/PA Wizard designer will appear.
- Enter the required details for the Title, Description, Welcome page and Finish page fields.
- Under the Custom Pages section click the New Page icon.
- Under Available Fields is a list of fields that can be used within your wizard. Move the required fields for each page from Available Fields to Assigned Fields.
3. Setting Mandatory Fields / Default Values
The CA/PA wizard also allows you to define:
- Mandatory Fields: A field that must been filled in before the wizard can be closed.
- Default Value: A value that is automatically assigned to save the user time while filling in a wizard.
Note: Fields with a default value can be added to wizard in order to give the users an opportunity to change the value. However if you remove the field from the wizard then it will be pre-populated without the opportunity to change the value.
To set a mandatory fields and default values:
- Go to your edit a page window.
- Click on a field.
- Check the Mandatory checkbox to make a field mandatory.
- Check the Default value checkbox to assign a default value.