Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse Admins planning on implementing digest emails.
Administration module access is needed.
The Q-Pulse reminder and escalation emails will normally send out an email for every action that is due/overdue (if activated by the administrator). As a result this can lead to a large (and sometimes unmanageable) number of emails being received.
These emails can be switched to a single digest email instead. When activated the user will receive a single email outlining all of their due or overdue actions and an additional email if they manage users with similar actions.
This article outlines how to activate the digest email and outlines:
- What Emails are Sent
- How to Configure the Digest
- Further Reading
Important Note: These steps only outline how to configure the emails to generate a digest and do not include steps on how to activate reminder and escalation emails for the first time. If you are looking to setup the reminders and escalation emails please see How to Set-up and Configure Reminders and Escalation.
1. What Emails are Sent
Once the Reminder & Escalation Digest feature has been activated Q-Pulse will only send out two emails to a user:
- Escalations: This email will contain a list of all the messages that have been escalated to you (e.g. if you are the manager of the action owner or you own the Q-Pulse record). For each action, you can see its details, owner and the number of days overdue.
- Reminders: Similar to escalations, this email will contain a list of outstanding actions where you have been named specifically as a recipient (as opposed to someone's manager or the owner of a record). As with escalations, you can see each outstanding action's details, owner and the number of days overdue.
Note: When the escalation service completes it will send an email to the administrator called "Escalation Service Completed". This message will show the number of actions that have been referenced in the emails rather than the actual email count itself.
2. How to Configure the Digest
To enable the Reminder & Escalation Digest:
- Open the Administration module.
- Go to Customisation, then Reminder & Escalation.
- Check the Enabled check-box in the Message Digest section.