The steps needed to perform the Academy integration are as follows:
- Linking to Q-Pulse Versions 6.8 +
- Preparing Q-Pulse versions 6.7 & below
- Associate Q-Pulse with Gael Academy
- Linking Q-Pulse Users With Academy
- Importing Academy Courses
- Updating Events
Linking to Q-Pulse Versions 6.8 +
Please note you will need the Professional version of the Ideagen Academy & an administrator account in both Q-Pulse & Ideagen Academy to complete this.
- Log into the Academy as a Professional Administrator
- Click the [Branch Settings] icon
- Open the [Integrations] section, then click the [API] tab
- Ensure the Enable API box is ticked, then copy the code in the “API key” field
- Log into Q-Pulse as an administrator
- Open the Administration module
- In the Customisation section, click [Branding & Integration]
- In the Academy Integration Settings section, you must enter the following information:
- Academy URL: You must use a unique URL to access the Academy (e.g. linetrax.ideagenacademy.com). To find out how to set one up, see Creating a custom URL.
- API: Enter the full API code: /API/v1.0/
- Key: Paste your API Key into this field.
- Click the [Test] button. A message should then appear stating “Academy settings are valid.”.Click [OK]. If Q-Pulse crashes, it suggests that the information added is incorrect.
You have now linked your Q-Pulse database with the Academy. For more information on using the integration. Please now skip to ‘Linking Q-Pulse users with Academy’.
- Launch Q-Pulse
- Open the Administration Module
- Open the Branding and Integration section of Customization.
- Input the following URL in the the Academy URL box
You then need to open the Q-Pulse.exe.config file on the client machine. This is usually located in the following directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Gael Ltd\Q-Pulse. You need to update the client config file to match the one below.
- Launch Q-Pulse and Access the People Module.
- Click on Edit, Academy Integration, Associate Q-Pulse with Academy.
You will then be prompted to enter your Gael Academy Tenant Administrator details. Once entered click on the [Link] button.
- Launch Q-Pulse and access the people module.
- Click on Edit, Academy Integration, Link Academy Users.
Your Q-Pulse users and Academy Users are linked by E-Mail. The unmatched accounts are shown in the window. To match those you need to edit the E-Mail addresses to match and then click refresh.
You can then Import all of the Academy courses to Q-Pulse. When the import is complete, the people module updates automatically with completed training courses even if those courses were completed before the v6 installation.
Importing Academy courses:
- Launch Q-Pulse and open the People Module.
- Click on Edit, Academy Integration, Import Academy Courses.
You then check the relevant course boxes and click on the [Import] button. You are then notified of how many courses were imported.
You can update your users with previously completed Academy courses. To do this, please follow the steps below.
- Launch Q-Pulse
- Open the People Module
- Click on [Edit] and Select Academy Integration
- Click on [Update Academy Events]
This will then check your users against Gael Academy and update their Event History With the courses completed and the date that they completed the course.
Q-Pulse version 6.8 and above can only be linked with Ideagen Academy
Q-Pulse version 6.7 and below links with Gael Academy