Who is this article for?
Document Managers, Document Administrators
Documents can be uploaded into Q-Pulse Cloud in several different ways. Which way you use will be dependent on where you are in the system and the volume of attachments you have.
This article is split into the following sections:
- How to Upload Documents via Navigator
- How to Upload Documents via Documents List
- How to Upload Documents via Batch Upload
1. How to Upload Documents via Navigator
If a folder structure is already defined within Navigator and therefore a location for your document is already defined, uploading documents directly through Navigator into the structure is a quick and easy way to upload a document.
Navigator can be found by navigating to Documents then, Navigator. You will be presented with a screen similar to below:
You now have two options on how to upload a document:
Option 1: Create a document within a folder
- In the top right corner, select Create Document from the options / actions dropdown.
- Define the document details in the Create Document panel.
Option 2: Drag and Drop
- Navigate through the structure into the folder you wish for your new document to be located.
- From your local file explorer on your desktop, drag and drop your chosen file(s) into the 'Drag and drop' area at the bottom of the navigator screen.
- Define the document details in the Create document panel, as described here.
2. How to Upload Documents via Documents List
If you don't want to upload directly to the Navigator, you can upload straight to the document storage with the option to link the document to as many required areas of the Navigator as required at a later time/date or not at all.
Navigate to Documents then, Document List and you should be presented with a screen as per the image below:
- Click on the Create button
- button in the top right corner of the screen
- A new screen will appear where you can define the new document's details as shown below:
3. How to Upload Documents via Batch Upload
Documents of the same type can be batch uploaded together into the system for ease of use.
all documents within a batch will all be associated with the same Document type and will all start life in the system with the same version number.
Batch uploading can be useful when uploading documents such as receipts, reports and forms.
To batch upload documents to Q-Pulse Cloud:
- Drag and drop multiple documents at once into the Drag & drop zone that can be found in folders within the Navigator
- Navigate to Documents then, Documents List and click: New batch upload
Once the files begin to upload you should be greeted with a screen or panel similar to below:
Note: You can add additional documents to the batch once the Batch upload screen appears
- Select a document type. For more information on selecting a document type, see here
Once a document type has been associated to the record, restriction permissions and notifications will be pulled through. If these are not enforced they can be edited if necessary
- If required, amend the version number.
Note: This version number will apply to all documents in the batch
- If you want to link the documents to the Navigation structure, see here.
- Once you are happy that all required documents are uploaded and the details are correct, click Save to confirm all the details.