Who is this article for?
Asset Managers responsible for managing the Training module.
Asset Manager group membership is needed.
The Asset Module of Q-Pulse Cloud allows you to list and categorise any assets your company may use, you can also use this module to schedule in any activities you made need for the asset. This article will guide you through how to create a new Asset on Q-Pulse Cloud.
The article is broken down into the following steps:
- How to Create an Asset
How to Edit an Existing Asset
1. How to Create an Asset
- To create a new asset, you will need to navigate to Home, then Assets, and then New Asset. Alternatively, you can also create a new asset from the Assets page using the Create Asset button.
- You will then be taken to the Create Asset page as per the image below:
- You will then need to enter an Asset number for the item.
- After the Asset number is inputted, you will need to select an Asset type from the drop down menu. If you are needing to create a new Asset type you can follow the instructions to do this here.
- You can also input a Location for the Asset, a serial number and Description for the asset.
- If required, you can also select an asset owner.
You are only able to select a user already on the system as the Asset owner.
- Once you have inputted all relevant information you require for the asset click Create and the Asset will be available in the Asset list.
2. How to Edit an Existing Asset
- To edit an existing asset, you will need to navigate to Home, then Assets, and then select Assets from the Views section.
- You will then be taken to the Assets page as per the image below:
- From here you can select the asset you wish to edit by click on the Asset number.
- This will take you to the Asset page as per the image below:
- From this page you are able to edit the following:
- Asset Name
- Asset Number
- Serial Number
- Asset Owner
- On this page you are also able to toggle with the Asset is available or not. Selecting 'No' will open a modal to allow you to select a reason as to why the Asset is not available as per the image below:
- Dependant on the how the Reason type is set - this can allow the Asset to be archived and any outstanding activities on the Asset to be deleted.
- From the edit asset page you are also able to use the kebab menu located on the top right of the page to open the audit trail for the Asset, which you are able to export into a csv file, if required, or you are able to delete the Asset should you no longer require the item on your system.