Who is this article for?
Issue Managers, Issue Administrators
Within this article we will be discussing how to raise a new record in the Issues module.
This article is split into three sections:
1. How to Raise a New Record
To create a new issue record:
- Navigate to Home, then Issues and then Issues List.
- Select Create button from the issues list screen. You will be shown a screen as per the image below
- Select an Issue type. A Select modal will appear which will allow you to select the Issue type. Once a type is selected, the page will refresh to allow you enter the details required for the issue.
- Enter a title
- Provide a description of the issue.
- If a target date is not enforced, you can select a Target date.
- If required, you can also select a Company and Contact and a workflow template to control the process of handling the issue.
- In addition, you can also amend permissions unless already enforced
- Select Save to confirm.
2. How to Edit Permissions
Issues are able to be restricted so that only users with a specified group can view, edit or administrate this record.
To restrict permissions on a record.
- Tick the Restrict checkbox in the right hand side column of the screen as show in the image below:
- Click the Select button - a Select Group modal will appear as shown in the image below
- Check the box on the left hand column to select the group(s) required.
- Click Confirm to associate the groups to the document
- Once a group is selected, you are then able to decide what permissions they will have:
Can only view the issue record
|Editor||Can edit the issue record|
|Administrator||Has full administrator permission for this specific record|
If the relevant group doesn't exist you can learn to create the group here.
How to Edit Notifications
Issues can generate notifications when an issue is created, or the workflow is started. These notifications are sent to groups of users.
- Click Select under the notifications section on the record. This will present you with a Select groups modal similar to below.
- Use the Select group section to find the required group(s) you wish to notify.
- Once located, check the box in the far left of the suitable row(s).
- Select Confirm to associate the groups to the document.
- If you require users to acknowledge receipt of the document tick the ‘Notification requires acknowledgement’ check box.