Who is this article for?
Issue Managers, Issue Administrators
Within this article we will be discussing how to edit an existing record in the Issues module.
This article is split into three sections:
How to Edit an Issue
To edit an existing issue record:
- Navigate to Home, then Issues and then Issues List
- Select the issue you wish to edit from the Issues List
- This will take you to the Edit Issue page as shown in the image below:
You will only be able to amend details to a record if you are either an Issue Administrator, Issue Manager or the current actionee in a workflow (if a workflow is enabled)
- Edit details as required, ensuring all mandatory fields contain suitable data
- Select Save to confirm any changes
How to Edit Permissions
To edit permissions on a record:
- You can either untick the Restrict option to ensure there are no permissions for this record.
- Alternatively if there are no permissions currently, tick the Restrict checkbox in the right hand side column of the screen as show in the image below:
- Click the Select button - a Select Group modal will appear as shown in the image below.
- Check the box on the left hand column to select the group(s) required.
- Click Confirm to associate the new groups to the document.
- Once a new group is selected, you are then able to decide what permissions they will have:
Can only view the issue record
|Editor||Can edit the issue record|
|Administrator||Has full administrator permission for this specific record|
If the relevant group doesn't exist you can learn to create the group here.
How to Edit Notifications
- Click Select under the notifications section on the record. This will present you with a Select groups modal similar to below.
- Use the Select group section to find the required new group(s) you wish to notify.
- Once located, check the box in the far left of the suitable row(s).
- Select Confirm to associate the new groups to the document.
- If you require users to acknowledge receipt of the document tick the ‘Notification requires acknowledgement’ check box.