Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse administrators responsible for managing Q-Pulse.
IT access will be required to implement this update.
Q-Pulse 184.108.40.206 is a minor product update designed to increase the robustness and security of the Q-Pulse system.
This update also includes all of the fixes applied in recent updates and so you can directly upgrade to Q-Pulse 220.127.116.11 from Q-Pulse 5.95 and above.
This article includes details on the changes to Q-Pulse 18.104.22.168 and also provides a link to request the update, and the manual with instructions on how to perform the upgrade. This article is split into the following sections:
1. Changes to Q-Pulse 22.214.171.124
Q-Pulse 126.96.36.199 introduces the following bug fixes:
- QPL-13407: Cookies are now identified as secure.
- QPL-13977: Session cookies are now marked as secure in development environment.
- QPL-14348: Session cookies are now marked as secure in production environment.
Note: For additional details on fixes from Q-Pulse 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 please refer to the Q-Pulse 220.127.116.11 Release Pack (PDF).
2. Requesting the Update
To request the upgrade, simply submit a support ticket.
The support team will then review your request, validate your support contract and then respond to the ticket proving you with the download links.
In order to ensure we provide you with the best service possible it would be useful if you could confirm:
- The version of Q-Pulse you are currently running.
- The spec of your server(s).
- The main reason for requiring the update (e.g. a fix for a specific bug, a new feature, etc)
3. Performing the Update
The steps to perform the upgrade are outlined in the Q-Pulse 18.104.22.168 release pack.
The steps will vary based on the version of Q-Pulse you are using and also what licenced features you have implemented. The high level steps to upgrade are
- Configure Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Upgrade the Q-Pulse Database to Version 7.
- Upgrade the Q-Pulse Application Server.
- Installing the New Web Client.
- Convert Q-Pulse Wizards and Templates.
- Upgrade Q-Pulse Clients.
- Configure Archived User Calculation.
- Upgrade Additional Q-Pulse Components.
- Installing the Q-Pulse Microsoft Office Plugin.
- Upgrade the Offline Audit Database.
For more details please see the Q-Pulse 22.214.171.124 Release Pack (PDF).