Who is this article for?
Training Managers responsible for managing the Training module.
Training Manager group membership is needed.
Within this article we will be looking into creating a new training record for the Training Module within Q-Pulse Cloud, if you are wanting to edit an existing record, please find the article for that here.
This article is split into sections
- How to Create a Training record
- How to Edit Training Details
1. How to Create a Training record
In order to create a training record, you will need to navigate to Home, then Training and then, Create training record. When creating a new training record there are two options:
- Create Future training
- Record Completed training
- Select the option you wish to create a record for, and you will be taken to the Create training record(s) page as per the image below:
- From here you will need to select the trainee(s) by clicking the Select button and the Select trainees modal will appear.
- Select the user(s) you wish to add to the training record by checking the tick box of the left hand column, then click Confirm.
- You will need to then add the training course to the record, by clicking the Select button under the training section and the Select courses modal will appear.
- Select the course(s) you wish to add to the training record by checking the tick box of the left hand column, then click Confirm. If you need to create a new course, instructions on how to do this can be found here.
- You will then see that both the user and course for the training record have been added as per the image below:
- If you are happy that no further details need to be added to the record you can click Save. However, if you wish to add further training details, this is covered in the section below.
2. How to Edit Training Details
- To edit the training details for the course you have selected for the new record you will need to click on the Options button and click Edit. A Training details page will appear.
- From here you can add a Training provider then a Trainer if required.
- After this you can complete the Schedule section
- You can input a Start date for the Training record.
- If the course is over several days, check the Multi-day option and you will be able to input an End date.
- You will be required to have a Confirm training by date
When creating a future training record, a confirm training by date will be automatically set. This is dependant on the number of days set as a confirmation period on the individual course.
You will then note any training documents associated with the course. Clicking on the Training document title will open the document details, where you are able to download the file, if required.
Finally, you will need to answer How was the course? via the dropdown option.
Once you have added all details, click Save to confirm the changes.
3. How to Add Associated Items to a Training Record
If you are wishing the add any associated items to a training record, you will need to you will need to click on the Options button and click Edit on the record.
This will open the Training Page, where you will need to click on the Associated Items tab, from here you are able to associate three options of items:
- Associated Documents can be added:
- Via Select - selecting a document already on Q-Pulse Cloud from the Select documents modal, and clicking Confirm
- Via Attach - allowing you to select a file to upload or dragging and dropping a file or selecting a URL.
- Via Create - creating a new document on Q-Pulse Cloud.
- Standards can be added:
- Via Select - select a current standard already on Q-Pulse Cloud from the Select Standards modal, and clicking Confirm
- Via Create - creating a new standard on Q-Pulse Cloud.
- Organisational areas can be added:
- Via Select - select a current organisational area already on Q-Pulse Cloud from the Select organisational areas modal, and clicking Confirm
- Via Create - creating a new organisational area on Q-Pulse Cloud.