Who is this article for?
Training Managers responsible for managing the Training module.
Training Manager group membership is needed.
In order for a new record to be completed, the correct training courses need to be created on Q-Pulse. Within this article we will be discussing how to create a new training course. This article is split into three sections:
- How to Create a New Course
- How to Edit Course Details
- How to Add Associated Items to a Training Course
1. How to Create a New Course
- To create a new training course, you will need to navigate to Home, then Training and then Courses. You will be taken to the Training courses page. This will have all the courses you currently have on Q-Pulse Cloud as per the image below.
- You will need to click on the Create button located on right hand side of the page.
- Clicking this will take you to the Create training course page as shown in the image below.
- From this page you can then enter a Course title and Course description, both of which are mandatory to fill when creating a new course.
- Once you are happy with both these, you can click Save to create the course.
2. How to Edit Course Details
- Once you have saved the course title and description, you will be taken to the Edit training course page, where you are able to amend the course details, as per the page below.
If you are wishing to edit an existing course, you will need to access the Training courses page and select the Options button then Edit and you also be met with the page below.
- You are able to make any changes you wish to, to the course title or description.
- You can then set a confirmation period for the course. This can be set in units of Days, Weeks or Months.
- If you require the course to have a retraining schedule, you can tick the Retraining required checkbox. This can also be set in units of Days, Weeks or Months. You can also set a reminder for this training should you require this.
- Additional settings you can also add are:
- Evidence Required
- Retrain on new version.
- If a training document is required, you can also chose to add this by clicking on the Select button, under the Training document section, and the select training modal will appear allowing you to add any training documents that are currently on Q-Pulse Cloud. If required, you can create a new document which you can find out more about here.
- If required, you can also add the following options to your course details:
- Training Roles
- Individual Trainees - this will be users already created on Q-Pulse Cloud.
- Training Providers
- Training Categories
- Custom Fields
3. How to Add Associated Items to a Training Course
If you are wishing the add any associated items to a training course, you will need to you will need to click on the Associated items tab. From here you can associate three options of items:
- Associated Documents can be added:
- Via Select - selecting a document already on Q-Pulse Cloud from the Select documents modal, and clicking Confirm
- Via Attach - allowing you to select a file to upload or dragging and dropping a file or selecting a URL.
- Via Create - creating a new document on Q-Pulse Cloud.
- Standards can be added:
- Via Select - select a current standard already on Q-Pulse Cloud from the Select Standards modal, and clicking Confirm
- Via Create - creating a new standard on Q-Pulse Cloud.
- Organisational areas can be added:
- Via Select - select a current organisational area already on Q-Pulse Cloud from the Select organisational areas modal, and clicking Confirm
- Via Create - creating a new organisational area on Q-Pulse Cloud.