Who is this article for?
Training Managers responsible for managing the Training module.
Training Manager group membership is needed.
To provide further information for a Training course, Q-Pulse Cloud has training categories to allow you company to place your training into section on the system. Within this article we will be discussing how to create a training category and also how to edit existing categories.
This article will be split into the following sections:
1. How to Create a New Training Category
To create a new training category:
- You will need to navigate to Home, then, Training and then Categories. You will be taken to the Training Categories list page, as per the image below:
- To create a new category, you will need to click on the Create button located on the right hand side of this page.
- You will then be taken to the Create training category page as per the image below:
- You will then need to enter the Category title and under that the Active checkbox is ticked.
- Once you are ready to confirm the new category, click Save.
2. How to Edit an Existing Training Category
To edit an existing training category:
- You will need to navigate to Home, then, Training and then Categories. You will be taken to the Training Categories list page.
- You will need to click on Options button and then select Edit.
- You will be taken to the Edit Training category page as per the image below:
- From the screenshot about you can see who created the category, when the category was created and when it was last updated.
- From here you can make any adjustments to the category, such as amending the category title.
- You are also able to see any courses that have been associated to this category. From here, you are able to remove any associated courses using the Remove button.
- If you required, you can also add associated courses to the category using the Select button on the right hand side of the page.
- If you wish to create a new course to associate to the category, you can do this by selecting the Create button. For instructions on how to create a course please use the article located here.
- If required, you are also able to view the audit trail for the category, using the Actions drop down on the top right hand of the page.
- This notes every change made to the category, which you can filter between dates and times should you require this.
- You are also able to export the audit trail into a PDF should your company require this.
- Once you are ready to confirm any changes to the category, click Save.