Who is this article for?
System Managers, System Administrators
Organisational Areas within Q-Pulse Cloud allow you to create a map of your company with records for each department. This in turn gives you the ability to filter list screens, reports and dashboard widgets to only records which relate to specific areas of your organisation.
This article is split into the following sections:
- How to View the Organisational Areas List
- How to Create a New Organisational Area
- How to Associate a Parent Organisational Group
- How to Edit an Existing Organisational Area
1. How to View the Organisational Areas List
To view organisational areas list:
- Navigate to Home then System and then Organisational areas.
- You will be taken to the Organisational areas list as per the image below:
The list is hierarchical with each 'Parent' area possibly containing multiple 'Child' areas. To reveal areas below a parent area, select the expand icon.
2. How to Create a New Organisational Area
To create a new organisational area:
- Navigate to Home then, System and then Organisational area.
- Click the Create button and you will be taken to the create organisational area screen as per the image below:
- Provide the mandatory details
- Title - The name of the area
- Code - A short abbreviated reference for the area.
- Optionally provide any additional comments or information in the Description field.
- Select Save to confirm the creation of the new Organisational area.
3. How to Associate a Parent Organisational Group
If you want to associate a Parent organisational area and one has not already been associated:
- Click the Select button in the Parent field. You will then be presented with a Select parent modal as per the image below:
- Use the Select parent modal to locate the required area you wish to associate.
- Once located, check the box in the far left of the suitable row
- Click Confirm to associate the selected user as the Parent organisational area.
If you require to create a new parent area:
- Click the Create button and you will be presented with the create organisational area modal as per the image below:
- Select Save once all required fields are completed. The new area will be created and will be automatically associated with the other new area as a Parent.
- To cancel, select Cancel in the panel header bar.
4. How to Edit an Existing Organisational Area
To amend an existing organisational area record:
- Navigate to Home then System and then Organisational Areas.
- Select the relevant area from the list. This should present you with the Edit Organisational area details screen, as per the image below:
- As a system administrator, you can amend any of the details for the organisational area.
Any changes you make will be reflected in any records that you have the area associated.
- You can remove the Parent area by selecting the remove icon in the parent field.
- If you want to remove the area from current use, uncheck the Active checkbox. This will remove the area from any list screens and it will be unavailable to associate with your records but, can be brought back again at a later date by re-checking the checkbox.
- Select Save to confirm any changes.