Who is this article for?
System Managers, System Administrators
Standard records in Q-Pulse Cloud are used to be able to associate and reference specific quality and governance standards. A hierarchical structure can be created within Standards allowing individual clauses or sections to be isolated against records. This higher level of this process will enable more advanced levels of reporting and make it clearer to see where a standard is not being met and therefore allowing more concise corrective actions to occur.
This article is split into the following sections:
- How to View the Standard List
- How to Create a New Standard
- How to Associate a Parent
- How to Edit an Existing Standard
1. How to View the Standard List
To view the standards list:
- Navigate to Home then System and then Standard.
- You will be presented with the Standard lists as per the image below:
The list is hierarchical with each 'Parent' standard possibly containing multiple 'Child' standards. To reveal standard below a parent standard, select the expand icon.
2. How to Create a New Standard
To create a new standard:
- Navigate to Home then System and then Standards
- Click the Create button and you will be taken to the create standard screen as per the image below:
- Provide the mandatory details
- Title - The name of the standard
- Code - A short abbreviated reference for the standard.
- Optionally provide any additional comments or information in the Description field.
- Select Save to confirm the creation of the new Standard.
3. How to Associate a Parent
If you want to associate a Parent standard and one has not already been associated:
- Click the Select button in the Parent field. You will then be presented with a Select parent modal as per the image below:
- Use the Select parent modal to locate the required standard you wish to associate.
- Once located, check the box in the far left of the suitable row.
- Click Confirm to associate the selected user as the Parent standard.
If you require to create a new parent standard:
- Click the Create button and you will be presented with the create standard modal as per the image below:
- Select Save once all required fields are completed. The new standard will be created and will be automatically associated with the other new standard as a Parent.
- To cancel, select Cancel in the panel header bar.
4. How to Edit an Existing Standard
To amend an existing standard record:
- Navigate to Home then System and then Standards.
- Select the relevant standard from the list. This should present you with the Edit Standard details screen, as per the image below:
- As a system administrator, you can amend any of the details for the standard.
Any changes you make will be reflected in any records that you have the standard associated.
- You can remove the Parent standard by selecting the remove icon in the parent field.
- If you want to remove the standard from current use, uncheck the Active checkbox. This will remove the standard from any list screens and it will be unavailable to associate with your records but, can be brought back again at a later date by re-checking the checkbox.
- Select Save to confirm any changes.