Who is this article for?
IT Personnel planning an upgrade to Q-Pulse 7.
IT knowledge access required.
Important: This article is part of a series of articles covering the upgrade process. Please visit How to Perform a Q-Pulse 7 Upgrade to view the entire process.
The second component to upgrade is the application server. This process involves using an install package to step through the necessary steps to perform the upgrade.
This article is intended for organisations who are already using Q-Pulse 7 and who need to upgrade to the latest version. If you are using an older version of Q-Pulse then please refer to the article How to Upgrade Q-Pulse 5 or 6 Application Server to Q-Pulse 7.
This article includes:
1. How to Upgrade the Application Server
To upgrade the Q-Pulse application server:
- Browse to the Server folder in the installation files and run the Setup.exe.
- Click Next and then Install to install the Q-Pulse Server upgrade.
- Once completed, browse to your Q-Pulse Server directory. This is usually C:\Program Files\Gael Ltd\Q-Pulse 5 Server.
- Open the DBConnections.xml as an administrator.
- Review the contents of this file and locate the DisplayName tag.
- Remove any spaces from the display name value.
- Save the file.
- Run the ServerConfigUtil.exe.
- Import the new DBConnections.xml.
- Click OK.
- Click Start, then Administrative Tools, and then to Services.
- Start the Q-Pulse Server service (this will begin any background processing tasks).
Did the installer ask for your Q-Pulse Identity Server URL? If so, it looks like you've upgraded from a version of Q-Pulse that did not include the Q-Pulse Q-Pulse Identity Server.
With the application server successfully upgraded you are ready to upgrade a client and test the system is functioning. Please see How to Upgrade the Q-Pulse Clients for the next steps or How to Perform a Q-Pulse 7 Upgrade to review the whole process.