Who is this article for?
IT Personnel planning an upgrade to Q-Pulse 7.
IT knowledge access required.
Important: This article is part of a series of articles covering the upgrade process. Please visit How to Perform a Q-Pulse 7 Upgrade to view the entire process.
The offline audit server is used only when you are working on the Q-Pulse mobile app to take audits offline to perform.
If you do not use the Q-Pulse mobile app then you do not require the offline audit server.
This article outlines how to
Don't have the Q-Pulse app but want to get started? Have a look at the Quick Start Set-up: Q-Pulse App.
1. How to Upgrade the Offline Audit Server
To upgrade this client:
- Browse to the Client folder in the installation media.
- Run the file 'Setup.exe'.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.
2. How to Upgrade the Offline Audit Database
Due to the improvements made in the Audit module, it is necessary to perform an upgrade to the Offline Audit database.
To upgrade the database:
- Browse to the Offline Audit DB Updater folder.
- Locate the DBMigration.sql file.
- Execute this against the OfflineAuditTempDB.
Need help running a SQL script? Please see How to Run an SQL Script Against the Q-Pulse Database.
With the application server successfully upgraded you are ready to upgrade a client and test the system is functioning. Please see How to Upgrade Document Retrieval Service (DRS) for the next steps or How to Perform a Q-Pulse 7 Upgrade to review the whole process.