Who is this article for?
IT Personnel planning an upgrade to Q-Pulse 7.
IT knowledge access required.
Important: This article is part of a series of articles covering the upgrade process. Please visit How to Perform a Q-Pulse 7 Upgrade to view the entire process.
Q-Pulse also includes some additional features which are optional extras. This article outlines how to perform the upgrade for these features:
1. How to Upgrade Audit Log Viewer
The Audit Log Viewer is a licenced feature that allows key users to access the audit log associated with your Q-Pulse database. If you have not purchased the audit log then you do not need to go through these steps.
The Audit Log Viewer can be deployed either manually or using a deployment tool such as Microsoft SMS (SCCM). You can find instructions for manual deployment below. For automated deployment instructions, please refer to the documentation supplied with your chosen deployment tool.
To upgrade the Audit Log Viewer:
- Uninstall the Audit Log Viewer from the client machine.
- Browse to the Audit Log Viewer folder on the installation media.
- Run the 'Setup.exe'.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the Audit Log Viewer to confirm the installation has been successful.
Want more information on optional Q-Pulse features? Visit the Q-Pulse 7 Functional Overview for details.
2. Q-Pulse Legacy Web Interface
The Q-Pulse web interface is a legacy web-based add-on for Q-Pulse that provides limited access to the Document, CA/PA, Audit and Occurrences module. If this is used in your organisation then it will need to be upgraded.
To upgrade the web interface:
- Browse to the Control Panel and then ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Programs and Features’.
- Uninstall the existing ‘Q-Pulse Web’ application.
- Browse to the Web folder on the installation media.
- Run the file 'Setup.exe'
- Follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, enter the IP address of the server hosting your Q-Pulse application.
To confirm the web is functioning, launch Internet Explorer on the server and visit the address http://localhost/qpulseweb/default.aspx.
With the application server successfully upgraded you are ready to upgrade a client and test the system is functioning. Please see the Post-Upgrade Checklist for the next steps or How to Perform a Q-Pulse 7 Upgrade to review the whole process.