Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse administrators responsible for managing Q-Pulse.
IT access will be required to implement this update.
Q-Pulse 7.1.6 is a maintenance and feature release aimed to increase security as it relates to user credentials and improve performance in Dashboards. As part of our effort to continue building out web functionality for end users, this release also contains the ability to print reports from the Audit, CA/PA, and Documents modules in the web application. This functionality will allow users to easily access hardcopy snapshots for needs outside of Q-Pulse, without having to access the Q-Pulse Windows client.
This update also includes all of the fixes applied in recent updates and so you can directly upgrade to Q-Pulse 7.1.6 from Q-Pulse 5.95 and above.
This article includes details on the changes to Q-Pulse 7.1.6 and also provides a link to request the update, and the manual with instructions on how to perform the upgrade. This article is split into the following sections:
1. Feature Changes
Increased Requirements for Strong Passwords
Administrators enabling the strong password setting can enforce more secure, complex password requirements. This includes a minimum number of characters, mixture of upper-case and lower-case letters, numbers, and use of a special character. While the Strong Password setting enforces a minimum length of 8 characters by default, that minimum length can be increased further via Administration. This flexibility allows your organization to adjust Q-Pulse requirements to align to your own security policies.
Report Printing in the Web Client
It is now possible to print detail and list view reports from the CA/PA, Audit, and Documents modules in the web client. These reports can also be exported to various other file types. Previously, the Windows Client had to be used to access and print these reports. While the functionality to manage reports still resides in the Windows Client, end users can now print the reports without having to navigate back and forth between the Windows and Web components.
Note: There is currently an issue related to larger datasets that results in an error when running reports containing more than approximately 2,000 records.
More Report Settings Can Be Saved for Web Saved Searches
Sorting, Grouping, and Page Size Layout settings can now be saved with searches in the Web client. This saves users time when performing saved searches that should have data grouped and/or sorted in a specific way.
Dashboard Performance Improvements
Performance improvements were made to Audit and Document Dashboards in this release. Previously, an error could occur for dashboards pulling from larger datasets (ex. > 6,000 documents). The changes made to these dashboards should resolve the errors occurring due to load time.
Dependencies on Previous TLS Versions Removed
Dependencies on TLS protocols older than version 1.2 have been removed from the application, which allows older versions of TLS to be disabled without impacting Q-Pulse functionality. If you attempted to disable pre-TLS 1.2 versions previously and experienced an issue with emails sending via Office365, this change will resolve that issue.
Customer Support Information Updated in the Application
The Customer Portal link and contact email have been updated in the About area of the Launch Pad, Audit Log Viewer, and Legacy Web components. This change ensures users can easily navigate to the correct support outlets.
2. Software Improvements
Q-Pulse 7.1.6 includes the following improvements:
- QPL-15277: Q-Pulse email notifications now use TLS 1.2, resolving an issue that would stop emails from being sent.
- QPL-13615: An issue that causes the Q-Pulse PDF viewer to stop responding has been resolved.
- QPL-13630: Area of standards now are now ordered when adding related standards in document properties.
- QPL-13848: Raising a CA/PA from a Wizard now respects the CA/PA Template Configuration.
- QPL-13900: An issue exporting Master Competencies from the People module has been resolved.
- QPL-13995: Audit Overview dashboard with call back request failed error has been fixed.
- QPL-14204: An error Cannot input Action Response has been fixed.
- QPL-14208: An issue causing Application Errors when session expires has been fixed.
- QPL-14434: An issue with CA/PA Stage Action Complete has been resolved.
- QPL-14549: A web issue where RaisedAgainstProductServiceID and RaisedAgainstProductServiceDescription do not populate when using CreateNewNonConformance Request has been fixed.
- QPL-14860: A Q-Pulse error when checkout document to PleaseReview has been resolved.
- QPL-15127: A web issue when raising a CA/PA from Wizard to apply CA/PA Template has been fixed.
- QPL-15194: Print preview now prints in order as per records in list view.
- QPL-15283: Grouping order is the same between list view and print preview.
- QPL-1548: An issue that allowed users without permissions to add a Copyholder Template has been resolved.
- QPL-15564: Hyperlinks can now be clicked from PDF viewer.
- QPL-619: Hyperlinks can now be clicked from PDF viewer.
- QPL-1649: Creating a new audit based on an existing audit record now uses the correct dates.
- QPL-2211: An issue exporting Job Roles from the People module has been resolved.
- QPL-2704: Audit - Calendar View By Month/Week/Day - Print/Print Preview no longer crashes the application.
- QPL-644: Exporting a risk matrix to XLSX no longer causes error.
- QPL-7594: A display issue showing incorrect start/end dates when quickly navigating between records has been resolved.
- QPL-7721: Training events can now be created based on documents that are obsolete or inactive.
- QPL-14447: Query performance has been improved when running workload.
- QPL-14975: Performance improvements have been made when adding a supplier as classification on an Incident Record.
- QPL-15512: User input on the legacy web has been updated to clarify areas that do not support use of hyperlinks.
- QPL-14655: Attachment description is now visible in attachment dialog screen on legacy web.
- QPL-13812: Pagination and save button have been improved when viewing PDFs on legacy web.
- QPL-14435: Action Responses can now be added when completing a stage action in the legacy web.
- QPL-15050: "Auditor may edit response" for "Yes" response is no longer disabled after performing an audit on mobile app.
3. Upgrade Now
To make use of the new functionality or benefit from the improvements made in Q-Pulse 7.1.6 please see Getting Started with Q-Pulse 7.1.6 for further details.