Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse administrators responsible for managing Q-Pulse.
IT access will be required to implement this update.
This article includes details on the changes to Q-Pulse 7.1.6 and also provides a link to request the update, and the manual with instructions on how to perform the upgrade. This article is split into the following sections:
1. Changes to Q-Pulse 7.1.6
Q-Pulse 7.1.6 is a maintenance and feature release aimed to increase security as it relates to user credentials and improve performance in Dashboards. As part of our effort to continue building out web functionality for end users, this release also contains the ability to print reports from the Audit, CA/PA, and Documents modules in the web application. This functionality will allow users to easily access hardcopy snapshots for needs outside of Q-Pulse, without having to access the Q-Pulse Windows client.
This update also includes all of the fixes applied in recent updates and so you can directly upgrade to Q-Pulse 7.1.6 from Q-Pulse 5.95 and above.
Looking for more detail on the changes? For full details on the changes to Q-Pulse 7.1.6 please see Q-Pulse 7.1.6 Release Notes.
2. Requesting the Update
To request the upgrade, simply submit a support ticket.
The support team will then review your request, validate your support contract and then respond to the ticket proving you with the download links.
In order to ensure we provide you with the best service possible it would be useful if you could confirm:
- The version of Q-Pulse you are currently running.
- The spec of your server(s).
- The main reason for requiring the update (e.g. a fix for a specific bug, a new feature, etc)
3. Performing the Update
The steps to perform the upgrade are outlined at How to Perform a Q-Pulse 7 Upgrade.
The steps will vary based on the version of Q-Pulse you are using and also what licenced features you have implemented. The high level steps to upgrade are:
- Configure Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Upgrade the Q-Pulse Database to Version 7.
- Upgrade the Q-Pulse Application Server.
- Installing the New Web Client.
- Convert Q-Pulse Wizards and Templates.
- Upgrade Q-Pulse Clients.
- Configure Archived User Calculation.
- Upgrade Additional Q-Pulse Components.
- Installing the Q-Pulse Microsoft Office Plugin.
- Upgrade the Offline Audit Database.
For more details please see How to Perform a Q-Pulse 7 Upgrade.