Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse Administrators managing users.
Administration module access is needed.
User lockout is a security feature that can lock user accounts if their password has been entered incorrectly a specified number of times. While locked, the user will not be able to log in or perform any actions in Q-Pulse but may still receive notifications and have actions assigned to them.
This article provides details on how to unlock a user when their account has been locked. It does not include any details on how to configure user lockout. For details on how to setup user lockout for the first time please see Getting Started with User Lockout.
This article outlines:
Note: User lockout is often used in organisations that need to meet the criteria of Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 (CFR21 Part 11).
1. How to Find Locked Users
To unlock a user that has been locked out of Q-Pulse:
- Open the Administration module.
- Go to Security, then select People.
- Any users who have been locked will be Disabled and will show the exclamation icon.
2. How to Unlock a User
To unlock a user:
- Search for your locked users via the steps above.
- Click on the user and then click View/Edit, or double click on the user.
- Check the Enable login? check box. This will unlock the user account.
- Click Set/Reset... to change the password.
Important Note: Q-Pulse will not automatically notify the user of their new password and so you will need to contact them directly to share this information.