Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse administrators responsible for managing Q-Pulse.
IT access will be required to implement this update.
Version 7.1.7 is a maintenance release, comprised of several technical improvements in the Occurrences module. This release includes a significant performance improvement aimed to prevent timeouts and reduce load time when opening large occurrence forms. This change has proven to reduce form load time by as much as 89%.
Note: This performance improvement was achieved with a few functional changes (outlined below).
This update also includes all of the fixes applied in recent updates and so you can directly upgrade to Q-Pulse 7.1.7 from Q-Pulse 5.95 and above.
This article includes details on the changes to Q-Pulse 7.1.7 and also provides a link to request the update, and the manual with instructions on how to perform the upgrade. This article is split into the following sections:
1. Feature Changes
To improve load times for large Occurrence forms, we’ve changed how and when we load some data displayed in lists.
- When viewing an Occurrence, only selected items for reference lists are now loaded.
- In edit mode, only parent lists are loaded initially. Those parent items will appear with an icon to expand/collapse to access child items as needed. Child items are then loaded when the parent is expanded. Multi-select reference lists are now ordered by the item path.
- In addition to the changes above, list items will now always be displayed with their path (see above screenshots).
2. Software Improvements
Q-Pulse 7.1.7 includes the following improvements:
- QPL-14666: Change Request Raised date in Advanced Search does not return any results.
- QPL-14804: Occurrences Advanced Search does not work when custom date field is empty.
- QPL-15408: Collapse/expand settings for Occurrence form are not honored in the web client.
- QPL-15508: Incident Creator can edit Occurrence fields even without having Occurrence Edit permission when accepting an Occurrence.
- QPL-15562: Occurrence mandatory location only shown as mandatory upon second save.
- QPL-15704: Incident Creator able to add/edit Note and Attachment while accepting Occurrence even without permissions.
- QPL-15717: Delete Record option is enabled even without Occurrent Delete permission.
- QPL-2863; QPL-15489: Occurrence Read permission doesn't work with Occurrence Raiser and Reporter dynamic groups.
3. Upgrade Now
To make use of the new functionality or benefit from the improvements made in Q-Pulse 7.1.7 please see Getting Started with Q-Pulse 7.1.7 for further details.