Who is this article for?
Q-Pulse Administrators managing user access.
Administration module access is needed.
Q-Pulse security can become complex depending on how many groups you create, how these groups interact with one another (e.g. are they members of other groups), and what permissions a user has been assigned directly.
This article outlines how to identify what permissions are effective against the user (i.e. what permissions are assigned to a user) and how to trace where the user is receiving the access.
This article has been split into two sections:
1. How to View the Effective Permissions
To view the effective permissions:
- Open the Administration module.
- Go to Security and then to People.
- Double click on the person to open their record.
- Open the Permissions tab.
- Click on View Effective.
- Notice the permissions will be identified as:
- Applied Directly: The permissions have been assigned directly to the user.
- Member of...: The permissions have been assigned to a group which the user is a member of.
- Has rule?: If a rule has been assigned to the permission then this will show yes or now and the rule can be examined using the Show Rule button.
Looking to produce a report as part of an audit or compliance activity? Press the print button to generate a report of all access the user has. This report can be saved as PDF or printed out.